When it's time for you look for local businesses to help you with your wedding, take a look at our advertisements below. Most will have links to their own websites. These advertisements are updated regularly so please revisit often and mention Your Yorkshire Wedding when making any enquiries.
With the average cost of a UK wedding now coming in at around £30,000, it's not surprising that more couples are looking for ways to reduce the final bill. One key factor that often influences the cost of your special day is the time of year you decide to have it, which often leads to couples opting for a winter wedding. Having seen an 180% increase in its winter wedding bookings in 2018 compared to 2017, Oulton Hall near Leeds has seen a real upward trend in couples looking to tie the knot during the colder months. What many don't realise is that there are lots more benefits to winter weddings than simply the price.
Oulton Hall's expert wedding organiser, Caroline Smith, gives her top five reasons for hosting a winter wedding, and lets us in on some handy tips:
- The perfect day… whatever the weather! “If you have chosen to hold your wedding in the winter months you don't need to worry about the reliable English sunshine to make your day special; it's going to be cold, but you can prepare for it. Winter months create less uncertainty, so focus can be centred on creating the perfect indoor wedding. In fact, the colder weather can create a very romantic ambience. The winter frost and a light dusting of snow can provide the perfect backdrop for photographs, and early, darker nights can help to create a sense of atmosphere earlier on your special day. Try using candles to light outside walkways and end your day with a spectacular fireworks display."
- Your wish is our command. “During the spring and summer months there's a large demand for wedding photographers, musicians, specialised vehicles and venues, but opting for a winter wedding gives you the gift of availability. With lower demand in the winter months, this makes it easier to book photographers, entertainment and any other vendors that you want for your dream wedding."
- Dress to impress. “Colder climates open the door to a whole variety of different wardrobe options. From elegant long sleeve wedding dresses, to bridesmaids walking down the aisle with faux fur wraps or stoles – there are plenty of fashion options, which will make your wedding stand out from the traditional summer event. Winter months also provide the opportunity to explore different colour palettes such as dark reds, browns, blues, rich purples, sparkling silvers and rose gold, which can be applied to your décor, as well as the wedding outfits."
- Festive favourites for a unique twist. “Couples can also have a lot of fun with festive décor to help make their special day memorable, for example using snow globes or ice sculptures as centrepieces. Instead of having a horse and carriage, you could even think of arriving in a horse drawn sleigh – something that's certain to be a talking point! Winter themes also lend themselves well to tasty food options – you can gift your guests personalised hot chocolate mugs and candy canes, as well as marshmallows to roast for a treat. The main meal can also incorporate festive flavourings, from cranberry and brie starters, to the traditional Christmas pudding dessert."
- And to warm back up… “Most people only take weather into consideration in the country that they are tying the knot in but marrying in winter months also provides the perfect time to honeymoon. Between March to October, the climate is ideal in popular destinations such as the Caribbean and South Africa. It also tends to mean an overall lower cost, with those marrying in the summer often paying higher prices because of the school holiday season. There are many reasons to considering getting married in the winter – it can help save money, but it also offers the opportunity to secure all of the elements to your dream wedding, including unique touches to make your day truly memorable.”
For more information on Oulton Hall's magical Winter Wedding package, please contact 0113 2014462 or visit www.oultonhallhotel.co.uk
Unlike a national magazine, Your Yorkshire Wedding is packed with area specific features, venues in your area, inspirational real weddings and regular features on bridal fashion, beauty, photography, cars, stationery, flowers, cakes, music, entertainment, catering, hair & beauty, etc.
So when you decide to look for local suppliers, wedding retailers and service providers, our magazines can really help you plan your wedding.
We also have regular exciting competitions and giveaways, expert question & answer pages and lots more. Quite simply, all the information you will ever need to get married in your area.
We have 19 wedding titles covering counties and regions throughout most of England and Wales.
Your Yorkshire Wedding is available to purchase as a high quality printed magazine or, if you prefer, as an eMagazine.
Titles covering other areas are available here