When it's time for you look for local businesses to help you with your wedding, take a look at our advertisements below. Most will have links to their own websites. These advertisements are updated regularly so please revisit often and mention Your Yorkshire Wedding when making any enquiries.
This autumn, The Devonshire Arms is offering one lucky winner the chance to win a wedding worth over £7,000 to take place in March next year.
Combining panoramic beauty with style and tradition, The Devonshire Arms is set in its own grounds and is a landmark property in the heart of The Dales. The competition's winning couple will be drawn on 20th November, 2019, which will allow time to look forward to their spring wedding and decide who to invite to join them in their nuptials on either Thursday 26th or Saturday 28th March.
Couples can enter themselves via the hotel's website, or alternatively someone may nominate them to win. Set within 33,000 acres of dramatic English countryside on the Bolton Abbey Estate, this welcoming venue provides the ultimate luxury, relaxation and hospitality.
Originally a coaching inn dating back to 1610 and extended over the centuries, the hotel offers four beautifully appointed reception rooms, including the hand-painted oak-panelled, Cavendish Room, accommodating up to 90 guests, or the more intimate Barden Room, which holds up to 12 guests. Each one holds a civil ceremony/partnership license.
The prize package, worth in the region of £ 7,250, has been sponsored by the region's top bridal suppliers, including bridal photographer, Georgina Brewster, Ambience Venue Styling, Every Cloud Cakes & Bakes, Vanessa Wellock from Wildflowers florist and DJ, Ed Marshall, and includes:
- Civil ceremony room hire and set up including white table linen.
- Reception drink for 40 people.
- Chef's choice set three-course menu for 40 people.
- Two glasses of house wine per person for 40 people.
- One glass of prosecco for toasts for 40 people.
- Evening buffet for 40 people.
- White table linen and crockery.
- Dedicated Wedding Coordinator to look after every venue detail.
- Master of Ceremonies from the hotel throughout the day.
- Bridal suite for the happy couple to include breakfast the next morning.
- Evening disco until close from DJ, Ed Marshall (www.facebook.com/djedmarshall )
- Photography package from Georgina Brewster Photography (www.georginabrewster.com)
- Two-tier iced cake from Every Cloud Cakes & Bakes (www.everycloudcakesandbakes.co.uk )
- Venue dressing package from Ambience Venue Styling including chair covers, sashes, table runners and much more (www.ambiencevenuestyling.com)
- Flowers from Wildflowers (Chelsea RHS Silver Medallist) including four table centrepieces, top table arrangement, bride's bouquet and three buttonholes. (www.wildflowersuk.co.uk )
If couples wish to upgrade the prize to cater for more guests, additional catering and accommodation then this can be arranged (Subject to cost) For more information on this incredible prize, competition terms and conditions, and how to enter, please see https://www.thedevonshirearms.co.uk/wedding/352
Images courtesy of Hamish Irvine
Unlike a national magazine, Your Yorkshire Wedding is packed with area specific features, venues in your area, inspirational real weddings and regular features on bridal fashion, beauty, photography, cars, stationery, flowers, cakes, music, entertainment, catering, hair & beauty, etc.
So when you decide to look for local suppliers, wedding retailers and service providers, our magazines can really help you plan your wedding.
We also have regular exciting competitions and giveaways, expert question & answer pages and lots more. Quite simply, all the information you will ever need to get married in your area.
We have 19 wedding titles covering counties and regions throughout most of England and Wales. Your Yorkshire Wedding is available to download for free as a high quality eMagazine. Titles covering other areas are available here