When it's time for you look for local businesses to help you with your wedding, take a look at our advertisements below. Most will have links to their own websites. These advertisements are updated regularly so please revisit often and mention Your Yorkshire Wedding when making any enquiries.
Leeds wedding florist Gillian Neild of Where Bees Meet give us her top budget-friendly tips for wedding flowers...
Great quality flowers can really make your day. Here are my top five ways to get the best value from them...
- Use your flowers at your ceremony and wedding breakfast. Try moving your ceremony table arrangement to the top table, or use jam jars for pew ends that can then be doubled up as centrepieces.
- Choose flowers that are in season. Due to the global flower trade it's possible to get many flowers at any time of year, but this is costly for you and the environment. Choosing seasonal British-grown blooms are the best quality and won't cost the earth.
- Use bouquets for centrepieces. I often supply vases to go on the tables so the bride and bridesmaids can just pop their bouquets in to help decorate the room. It also means the flowers get a much-needed drink after being out of water for a few hours.
- Have your bouquet turned into art. Use a preservation service and have your bouquet preserved and reconstructed in a frame so you can enjoy it for years to come.
- Gift your flowers. If you have a statement archway or backdrop, ask your florist to use the blooms for posies as gifts for your friends and family.
Gillian Neild | Where Bees Meet | www.wherebeesmeet.co.uk
Image courtesy of John Johnston Photography