Ye Olde Bell Hotel, Barnby Manor, Retford, Nottinghamshire DN22 8QS
Telephone: 01777 705121
Ye Olde Bell is a 17th century coaching inn with luxury spa set in extensive grounds specialising in weddings and celebrations of all kinds. Privately owned we have the flexibility and experience to deliver the day of your dreams.
An impressive landmark dating back to the 17th Century, Ye Olde Bell has been one of the region’s most romantic and best-loved wedding venues for generations. Now cherished by local private owners and a dedicated team this four star hotel has been restored throughout, respecting it’s heritage yet bringing it firmly into the 21st Century.
Lavishly furnished with antiques, adorned with stunning drapes, rich carpets and sparkling chandeliers, we complement all the traditional warmth and hospitality of a country house hotel with the modern luxuries of a contemporary hotel.
2017 saw the opening of our luxury spa truly providing the icing on the cake, with an indoor to outdoor vitality pool, ten thermal experiences, relaxation spaces and six treatment rooms guests are guaranteed to be utterly relaxed.
Three top tips for brides
• Before you confirm at your chosen venue make an unannounced visit for a drink or meal it will give you an excellent opportunity to test the level of service and friendliness of the team.
• Marry as early in the day as you can, your special day will fly and you should make the most of every minute.
• Don’t worry about the weather, it’s totally out of anyone’s control and on the day, trust me, it won’t matter a jot because you’ll be so happy and wrapped up in your new husband you won’t even care.
Bullet points about our business
• Family owned, family run with the flexibility to deliver a truly bespoke wedding.
• Experienced management team to guide you through every stage planning to delivering exceptional service on the day.
• Individually styled reception rooms that ooze character and charm and beautiful grounds with a myriad features to enhance the all important photographs.
• Awarded an AA rosette for culinary excellence our talented kitchen team will produce a delicious bespoke wedding breakfast for you and your guests.
• 59 individually styled bedrooms and luxury spa offering personalised treatments and laid-back indulgence.
• Stunning hand crafted oak pavilion for civil ceremonies and stylish garden bar for reception drinks.