We ask Yorkshire's Mindful Wedding Coach your burning question...
Q After all the excitement of getting engaged, we're now totally lost when it comes to the planning. Can you give us a checklist of what we need to consider?
Firstly, take your time and don't panic. There's a lot to do but you don't want to get yourself overwhelmed. Here are some points to consider...
- Decide on your budget and allocate amounts to different aspects of the wedding.
- Think about your guest list. This will have an effect on your budget and the size of venue you'll need.
- Visit and choose a venue, then get your date booked.
- Book your ceremony or registrar for the same day.
- If you're having a civil ceremony, you can give notice at your local registry office from 12 months prior to the wedding.
- Send save-the-dates, if you wish.
- Start to get ideas for the theme, style and colour of your day.
- Source suppliers such as a photographer, florist, caterer etc and check they're available.
- If your dress is being made-to-order, you'll need at least six months lead time.
- Once all your main suppliers are booked, you can start to look at the finishing touches.
- Send your invitations two or three months before the wedding.
Hazel Walshaw | Mindful Wedding Coach | www.mindfulweddingcourses.com