When it's time for you look for local businesses to help you with your wedding, take a look at our advertisements below. Most will have links to their own websites. These advertisements are updated regularly so please revisit often and mention Your Yorkshire Wedding when making any enquiries.
We ask Yorkshire's Mindful Wedding Coach your burning question...
Q After all the excitement of getting engaged, we're now totally lost when it comes to the planning. Can you give us a checklist of what we need to consider?
Firstly, take your time and don't panic. There's a lot to do but you don't want to get yourself overwhelmed. Here are some points to consider...
- Decide on your budget and allocate amounts to different aspects of the wedding.
- Think about your guest list. This will have an effect on your budget and the size of venue you'll need.
- Visit and choose a venue, then get your date booked.
- Book your ceremony or registrar for the same day.
- If you're having a civil ceremony, you can give notice at your local registry office from 12 months prior to the wedding.
- Send save-the-dates, if you wish.
- Start to get ideas for the theme, style and colour of your day.
- Source suppliers such as a photographer, florist, caterer etc and check they're available.
- If your dress is being made-to-order, you'll need at least six months lead time.
- Once all your main suppliers are booked, you can start to look at the finishing touches.
- Send your invitations two or three months before the wedding.
Hazel Walshaw | Mindful Wedding Coach | www.mindfulweddingcourses.com
Unlike a national magazine, Your Yorkshire Wedding is packed with area specific features, venues in your area, inspirational real weddings and regular features on bridal fashion, beauty, photography, cars, stationery, flowers, cakes, music, entertainment, catering, hair & beauty, etc.
So when you decide to look for local suppliers, wedding retailers and service providers, our magazines can really help you plan your wedding.
We also have regular exciting competitions and giveaways, expert question & answer pages and lots more. Quite simply, all the information you will ever need to get married in your area.
We have 19 wedding titles covering counties and regions throughout most of England and Wales. Your Yorkshire Wedding is available to download for free as a high quality eMagazine. Titles covering other areas are available here